Bad Perfume Choice.Versailles by Julian Rouas Paris smells like a musty closet, mothballs, or "something old".
The heavy scent of pungent-smelling flowers is disagreeable and remotely evocative of flatulence. This perfume smells cheap, vulgar, and incongruously artificial. I have such Â´bad luckÂ´ in choosing perfumes. Of all the perfumes out there I had to end up with Julian Rouas Paris "Versailles".
This relatively new company only has a few perfumes: Swing for man, Swing for woman, Exstasy Night, L.A. City Swing, and Versailles. The intended or unintended sexual connotation was a bit too obtrusive and equally overwhelming. IÂ´m a little bit shy, and I didnÂ´t want to get emotionally involved, so I chose the less debauched one, Versailles.
This is a hard fragrance with too many woody notes and ginger. It reminded me of that crappy cologne I wore in high school. It is strong, unkind, foul-smelling, evocative of *** sweat. This fragrance would even make Paris Hilton cringe.
Sadly, the perfume industry has become debased over the past 20 years by the drive towards rampant commercialism. Julian Rouas Paris is positioned as the epitome of that decline. Every *** has their own perfume these days! A perfume is not only felt by the person wearing it.
All I can say is, Versailles made everyone around me ill or irritated (talk about making a lasting impression). Forty minutes after I have sprayed it on, it has become so overpowering that I felt violently ill. I had developed a migraine headache and bad nausea. Driving around town, I would have gladly parked my car and jumped into any swimming pool to wash it off.
I did survive this nasty perfume. Once I got home, IÂ´ve tried washing it off, but it didnÂ´t seem to work. It was like removing skunk smell from a dog. I would never buy from Julian/rouas/Paris.com again, or from any other online perfume shop for that matter.
After calling the company several times, it appears that Julian Rouas Paris has no customer service. Julian Rouas is the Â´customer serviceÂ´. IÂ´m almost certainly out of luck! "how long do you think it will take to get my money back?", I asked diffidently.
Julian Rouas replied succinctly, "what money?!".
I will never deal with this one-man company again!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Cosmetics and Toiletries
You May Also Like
- "My roommate started selling Arbonne products. I ended up at one of the parties and ordered a couple things to support the home team. She had told me..."
- " I have worn hair extensions for 5 years and wanted to try something new. I was recommended to try Hot Heads from a few Cosmetologist friends. ..."
- "I ordered the Luminess Airbrush System after seeing an advertisement and demo on late night TV. What was not said in the advert was that the $24.91 for a 30..."
- "Had candle burning in bathroom for 2 1/2 hours - smoke alarm went off. I went into bathroom to find candle engulfed in 6 inch flames. Doused with water to..."
- "Stove Range Model #FGFL79DBE Purchased from Lowe's December 2005. Used the broiler for the very first time on May 9, 2010 and the stove caught on fire - insulation..."
- "BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE. A SELLER SOLD ME A WATCH AND WHEN IT ARRIVED IT WAS NOT EVEN THE SAME WATCH, NOR WAS IT AUTHENTIC. I RETURNED IT TO TRADESY AND..."
- "Dont fool with this company omg from 2009 to 2016 the warranty is a scam and there pillow top is a flat top in two months dont waste your time..."
- "Ordered 16 pink rosebuds for niece's 16th birthday. What arrived was 8 pink and 8 white fully bloomed out roses. They requested pictures which I sent them 3..."
- "Just moved into Waterbrook Apartments in Southern California and for 2 weeks we have been fighting with maggots outside on our patio. It took management 2 weeks to figure..."